Spectrum Aeromed in the News
People are talking - and they’re talking about Spectrum Aeromed. See what the media are saying about us:
- Nextant Aerospace Unveils Air Ambulance Conversion for 400XT
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New Chief Operating Officer
- Mahler Wins 40 Most Influential People Under 40 Award
- Branding Iron Expands Relationship with Spectrum Aeromed
- Spectrum Aeromed to Exhibit at HELI-EXPO
- Aviators India Purchases Stretcher Kit from Spectrum Aeromed
- Spectrum Aeromed Obtains AS9100 Rev C Certification
- VIP Treatment
- A Broad Spectrum
- Spectrum Aeromed Listed Again on INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies List
- Tammy Enright Wins 40 Most Influential People Under 40 in North Dakota Award
- Spectrum Aeromed Electric Loader in Pilatus PC-12- Demonstration (Video)
- FAI rent-a-jet AG´s Air Ambulance-Division Purchases Six Stretchers from Spectrum Aeromed
- Spectrum Aeromed Expands German Office Staff
- Spectrum Aeromed- Doing Business Better in North Dakota
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires Reno as VP, Account Representative
- Spectrum Equips PC-12 with Air Ambulance Interior for Valley Med Flight
- King Air, One Aircraft Many Missions
- Spectrum Aeromed Equipment in King Air 350 ER- Demonstration Video
- Branding Iron Inks Deal With Inc. 500 Company Spectrum Aeromed
Hawker Beechcraft Introduces Special Mission Demonstrator, Debuts at Paris Air Show
Reprinted from AMTOnline.com, June 20, 2011
PARIS (June 20, 2011) – Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) today announced it has added a King Air 350ER special mission aircraft to its demonstrator fleet. The aircraft, which is equipped with a belly search radome, electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) lift and additional special mission equipment, is making its debut at the company’s static display at the Paris Air Show this week. Upon conclusion of the show, the airplane will embark on a tour that includes stops in Europe, Africa and Latin America, with future plans for Asia.
“This aircraft represents our commitment to the worldwide special mission market,” said Jay Gibson, vice president, Special Missions. “The unique configuration is designed to showcase the outstanding flexibility and versatility of the King Air 350ER.”
The King Air series of turboprops is among the most widely utilized and capable platforms in the world. The King Air 350ER has been especially successful with its extended range, long endurance and the flexibility to be configured for a variety of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance and maritime surveillance missions, as well as air ambulance, utility transport and other special mission roles. The demonstrator aircraft’s registration number N1459 reflects the number of special mission King Air turboprops sold through spring 2011 – 1,459. This includes all models of the King Air lineup sold specifically for special mission applications.
The special mission demonstrator is equipped with the following equipment:
• Search Radome. The aircraft is equipped with a belly mounted-search radome designed for the latest digital search radars. The radome is available as a kit in two variations, one electrically tuned to state-of-the-art digital maritime radars and the other tuned to optimize overland radars.
• EO/IR Lift and Fairing. The aircraft is equipped with an EO/IR lift that allows a Star Safire/HD or MX-15 turret camera system to extend during mission operation, yet retract to minimize aerodynamic draft during the transition flight to/from the surveillance area.
• Air Ambulance. Two medical sleds and a medical cabinet are positioned along the right side of the interior. These are fully functioning medical sleds from Spectrum Aeromed. With this installation, the aircraft is available for air ambulance missions when needed.
• Troop Seating. The left side of the aircraft interior is fitted with five forward facing chairs, demonstrating the Aviation Fabricators (AvFab) 11-chair interior configuration. The new AvFab Traveler style chairs make the most efficient use of cabin space, are light weight and allow quick reconfiguration of the cabin for missions ranging from full troop seating to air ambulance and cargo.
All of the special mission modifications on the demonstrator aircraft are certified by the Federal Aviation Administration and available from the factory. For more information on the demonstrator aircraft or any of the modification kits, contact Mark Doyle at +1.316.676.2286 or Mark_Doyle@hawkerbeechcraft.com.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special mission, light attack and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Salina, Kan.; Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.comA.